Exercise is Medicine®: A Global Health Initiative
Ladies and gentlemen,
We are pleased to invite you to the 7th European Congress Exercise is Medicine, which will be held for the first time in Poland on 21-23 September 2018 at the Medical University of Warsaw.
Its honorary patronage is taken by the Congress of
- the Rector of the Warsaw Medical University Prof. Mirosław Wielgoś,
- the University of Warsaw School of Social Sciences and Humanities,
- the Institute of Mother and Child in Warsaw
- the Polish Olympic Committee.
Physical activity is an integral part of everyone's lifestyle. Thanks to properly designed training plans, exercise reduces mortality and improves the quality of life, and also has a positive impact on the course of many chronic diseases.
During the three days of the Congress, experts and specialists from all over the world will present their knowledge on this subject to the participants.
The congress consists of four very interesting events:
1.European Initiative for Exercise in Medicine Congress - 21-22.09.2018 - two days of lectures
2. 1st Medical Fitness Convention - 22.09.2018 - theoretical and practical knowledge
3. 1st Medical Fitness workshop 23.09.2018 - expanding the knowledge conveyed at the congress and convention.
4. "Walk to Health - Invite your doctor" 22.09.2018 for all those who want to visit
Anna Plucik-Mrożek,MD, Director of Medical Affairs EIM Poland
Małgorzata Perl, MPH, Director of Sports EIM Poland
Exercise is Medicine® (EIM) is a global health initiative managed by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) that is focused on encouraging primary care physicians and other health care providers to include physical activity when designing treatment plans for patients and referring their patients to EIM Credentialed Exercise Programs and Exercise Professionals.
EIM is committed to the belief that physical activity is integral in the prevention and treatments of diseases and should be regularly assessed and “treated” as part of all healthcare.