Resources for Resistance Training
- ACSM Resistance Training Infographic
- ACSM has developed an infographic for those interested in beginning resistance training for health. It has been designed for use by people of any age, and any ability as it describes what the benefits are of regular resistance training and includes an introductory resistance training program.
- Resistance Training Instructional Videos:
- The CSEP Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines tell us that, to achieve health benefits, adults age 18-64 years and 65 years and older, should accumulate at least 150 minutes of moderate-to-vigorous intensity aerobic physical activity per week. Importantly, it is also beneficial to add muscle and bone strengthening activities using major muscle groups, at least 2 days per week. Finally, more physical activity provides greater benefits.
- Watch these simple instructional videos developed by Dr. Jonathon Fowles, Faculty and Chair, EIMC-CSEP Liason Committee in partnership with the Canadian Diabetes Association.